Tokyo Tea Recipe
Hey there, fellas! I know you are getting exhausted from the excessive summer heat and high temperature, and surely you are craving for a classic drink that’ll give you a good kick and thoroughly chill you out. So here I am today, coming up with an awesome Tokyo tea recipe that’ll blow your mind and get your summer party rolling. This easy to prepare refreshing tea will make your summer day enjoyable.
Tokyo special tea is an exotic and bright greenish drink, and it tastes as good as it looks. It’s super easy to make. Its sweetness, and tropical fruity flavor combined with all the alcohol of green long island drink is what makes this drink more unique. And the ingredients are all available in your home bar. So let’s cut the chase, and learn how to make a Tokyo tea within few minutes.
Tokyo tea ingredients:
- 0.75 oz. Vodka
- 0.75 oz. Gin
- 0.75 oz. Blanco Tequila
- 0.75 oz. Rum (you can use light rum if you want)
- 0.75 oz. Midori Melon Liqueur
- 0.75 oz. Sour Mix
- Dash of 7up, Sprite or Lemon Lime Soda
- Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice (1 part)
- 1 part of Syrup
- Take a highball glass and fill it about halfway with ice.
- Pour all the ingredients into your cocktail shaker. (except Lemon Lime soda)
- Give a good shake with ice.
- Make sure to fill up the rest of the glass with a splash of Lemon-Lime soda.
- Garnish with kiwi slice, cherry, or lime slice.
- You can use 0.75 oz. Triple sec and viola if you don’t have the Midori melon liqueur.
- You can use any sort of lime juice, soda, that you prefer.
So here’s another variation of the Tokyo tea cocktail recipe. As you go through the Long Island Tea books, you would notice that there are a lot of versions. So I tried to bring up this particular version of the Tokyo tea drink. In this recipe, the citrus of the lemonade will cut through the bitterness of the alcohol to balance it out. I bet this drink will take you back to your college days and make you nostalgic once again. So let’s blend in the cocktail and get the summer party started.
- 1/2 shot of London dry Gin.
- 1/2 shot of Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 shot of Bacardi Rum
- 1/2 shot of tequila (I used El Jimador)
- 1/2 shot of Cointreau Triple sec. (you can use Grand Marnier)
- Fresh lime or Lemon juice
- 25ml Cola
- 2 Lime Wedges
- Pour all the ingredients in a jar.
- Pour in some lemon juice to your likings.
- Fill in the jug halfway with ice and keep stirring till the outside feels cold.
- Pour the cola and stir gently to mix it up without hampering the alcohol.
- Add the lime wedges.
- Drop-in some ice cubes and serve it in a lustrous glass.
- Garnish with a quartered lime.
What is Tokyo Tea?
Tokyo tea is a version and a variation of Long Island Iced tea. It’s perfect for hangout and summer get-together. In Tokyo tea, it has 7up or sprite instead of cola, unlike the other long Island drinks. It looks greenish. The flavor is sweetish as it is melon dominated.
The tea comes up with a mixture of five strong liquors, normally rum, vodka, gin, triple sec, and tequila, these are the main ingredients just like their parent Long island drinks. The addition of Midori makes the Tokyo tea cocktail taste even better and more refreshing. But here’s the thing guys, it’s a delightful drink, and maybe a lot stronger than you think it is.
Tokyo Tea Variations:
While making Tokyo iced tea, in most cases, you will end up with a full-sized cocktail and a highball glass. But it’s best to try it as shots rather than following the traditional way. There are a lot of variations of such long Island drinks. You can use any sort of Lemon-Lime soda you want. Some recipes use kiwi liqueur as an alternative to melon liqueur (Midori). And some prefer Sour Mix instead of Lime juice.
There is also a non-alcoholic version where it uses some iced tea, lemonade, and 7up. It is like the mocktail version of the Tokyo tea Cocktail. Although there are so many variations, this drink is missing a key ingredient, which is sour or acidity, to be more precise. You can come up with any twist to make this recipe your own. For example, Using Lemonade will boost the flavor of citrus. Using simple syrup will add more sweetness to the Japanese Iced tea, and if you are using sprite, the citrus will cut through the sweet and give you a different taste.
Tokyo special tea is the best Summer drink ever. You can fill the tropical vibe. It is very available and easy to find. Almost all bars have the ingredients that are needed, and it takes only a few minutes to make the best drink of the summer. If you are excited about experimenting with different alcoholic beverages with your friends, I would suggest you go for this sensational long island iced tea. Feel the uniqueness and fun!
Tokyo Tea Recipe
Today, our discussion is all about Tokyo tea recipes. These types of teas are desired by millions of tea-lovers across the world.
Keywords: Tokyo Tea Recipe
Recipe Yield: 1 serving
Calories: 202 Kcl
Preparation Time: 5M
Total Time: 5M
Recipe Ingredients: Vodka Gin Rum Midori melon liqueur Blanco Tequila
Recipe Instructions: Pour the alcoholic ingredients and ice in a cocktail shaker Giving a good shake pour the special drink in a highball glass filled half with ice Garnish and serve