There are hundreds of Chicken Delight recipes out there, but which one is going to wow your dinner guests?
Chicken Delight is probably one of the easiest chicken recipes out there, and no, we’re not exaggerating. Unlike most chicken recipes, this one is all about the ingredients. It is also incredibly versatile.
If you love spicy food, add a few chili peppers, and boom! Spicy Chicken Delight!
If you’re more of a sweet and sour fan, add the right sauces, and you’ll have sweet and sour Chicken Delight. The possibilities are endless.
Our Chicken Delight recipe is a fantastic all-rounder. It is crunchy, succulent, and acts as the perfect base recipe.
Table of Contents
Our Delicious Chicken Delight Recipe
As with all Chicken Delight recipes, ours is incredibly simple. The preparation and cooking time should take you around an hour, and you’ll spend most of your time watching the chicken bake in the
Chicken Delight is perfect for a light Sunday lunch or a family dinner.
Much like the recipe, the ingredients you need are super simple. You will find these ingredients at your favorite grocery store or farmer’s market.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 whole deboned chicken breasts, cut in half without the skin
- ½ cup of butter or margarine
- 1 clove of pressed garlic
- 1 cup of fine breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of finely grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of salt
- ⅛ tsp of pepper
With Chicken Delight, you could also use everyday chicken pieces. Substitute the breadcrumbs for cracker crumbs if you prefer.
You could add many additional ingredients depending on your preferences. Check out our Chicken Delight variations below for more inspiration!
This recipe makes enough Chicken Delight for around 4 people, so it’s perfect for a family dinner. It is also incredibly beginner-friendly, so you don’t have to be a master chef to master it.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Gently melt your butter and mix it with the pressed garlic. Be sure to melt the butter at medium heat not to burn it.
- Next, you’ll want to mix up your dry ingredients. These are the bread crumbs, cheeses, salt, and pepper. We recommend adding some dried chilies and paprika if you want to add a little kick.
- Dip your skinless chicken breasts in the butter garlic mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Next, coat your chicken breasts in the spice and crumb mixture. We suggest adding some parsley and oregano if you want a more fragrant taste, but this is optional.
- Once you’ve thoroughly coated your chicken, please place it in a large, shallow baking dish. You can use some butter to grease the dish.
- Be sure to tuck under the sides of each breast so that your chicken forms a neat roll. This step is optional, but it makes the dish look fancier.
- Pour the remaining garlic butter mixture over the chicken.
- Preheat your
ovento around 350F.
- Bake your chicken for approximately 40 – 45 minutes or until it becomes tender and brown. A good trick is to cover the dish with foil for the first 40 minutes and then uncover to brown for the last 5 minutes. Doing so leaves your chicken tender and brown without drying it out.
- Remember to baste the chicken occasionally with the juices in the baking dish.
Chicken Delight Variations
There are a ton of different ways to make Chicken Delight. It all depends on how you prepare it. Here are a few fun Chicken Delight variations:
Spicy Chicken Delight Stir-Fry
The spicy chicken version is nearly the same as the one above. The only difference is that you need cubed chicken instead of chicken breasts. The preparation is almost the same. Instead of baking the chicken, you’ll need to fry it up in a deep frying pan.
You’ll also need some of your favorite vegetables.
After making your seasoning, mix up a spicy sauce with soy sauce, chicken broth, cornflower, and spices. Once it is all fried up and your chicken becomes a lovely brown color, it is ready to be served.
This dish is great because you can serve it with savory rice or some noodles.
Crunchy Chicken Delight
The crunchy chicken version is nearly identical to the one base recipe mentioned above. The only difference is that you use crushed-up Doritos instead of breadcrumbs. Be sure that you don’t turn the Doritos into powder when you’re crushing them.
Once you’ve dipped your chicken in your butter garlic mixture, coat them in the Dorito spice mix. Now, the next step is entirely up to you. You can either decide to bake your chicken or deep-fry it. It depends on your tastes.
We suggest baking your chicken in the
This recipe is great because you can adjust it to be on the spicier side or opt for a sweet and sour flavor.
Sweet And Sour Crunchy Chicken Delight RecipeCrunchy Chicken Delight
For a sweet and sour taste, bake the chicken for around 35 minutes. While the chicken bakes, whip up a sweet and sour sauce. You’ll need some sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder, and soy sauce for the sauce. Mix it all up and add the sauce to a deep frying pan.
Once the sauce is bubbling, add your chicken and coat thoroughly! Once the sauce becomes sticky, your chicken is ready to eat.
This Chicken Delight is fantastic as a side dish with some savory rice.
Spicy Crunchy Chicken Delight Recipe
All you have to do is add some crushed chilies to the mix for spicy crunchy chicken.
You could also opt for a spicy flavor of Doritos. But, if you really want a kick, we suggest following the same steps as the sweet and sour chicken only. Instead of ketchup, add hot sauce!
For more quick and easy chicken dishes, check out our recipes!