Cavender Greek Seasoning Recipes
Seasoning is the process where different kinds of spices, salt, and sometimes herbs are added to enhance the flavor or taste of any food. The idea of food seasoning is far ancient and its demand has not lessened a bit. In fact, it has continuously increased over time. However, I became so happy when I found out Cavender Greek seasoning recipes and among them let me share one with you.
The History behind Food Seasoning:
When Gaul (a region of Western Europe) discovered that the taste of certain foods could improve with age or season, he called him “Sizoner”. After Normandy had taken control of England by military force, in 1066, they called the new era process “seasoning.” With the introduction of spices from the Middle East during the return of the Crusaders in the 13th century, spices gained importance in everything that adorned the taste of food.
What is Cavender’s Seasoning:
Cavender’s Greek Seasoning is a mixture of Greek spices that is quickly and easily prepared. This mixture is perfectly suitable for steak, grilled dishes, meatloaf, chicken, fish, turkey, hamburger, seafood, and so on. Also, it can be used for all vegetables, grinding, soups, stews, stews, eggs, homemade sauces, salads, and vegetable juices. The best part of this Greek seasoning is, it is homemade, which means the absence of monosodium glutamate, and obviously low sodium.
2 Cavender Greek Seasoning Recipes:
A homemade seasoning recipe is a great blessing to spice lovers. Can you think of it that universal cavender’s recipes are worldwide famous and you can add this mixture at any kind of food that increases food flavor at a magical level? Miracle, huh! You believe it or not but this exists.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
Step 1: Take a small-sized empty bowl.
Step 2: At first, add basil. Then add oregano. Likewise, add all other ingredients in the right amount and mix them well. Don’t increase or decrease any of them.
Step 3: Bring an airtight container. Pour the mixture into it and keep the container in a dry place.
The best way to store mixtures of herbs or spices is in glass containers with the airtight facility, and keep the mixture in dark and cold places.
- Don’t think to bring the mixture near a stove.
- Don’t put it on a table, or under a window in the sun. If you are not planning to use the entire mixture in a week.
About Oregano and marjoram:
You may get confused after reading compounds of oregano and marjoram. In spite of having almost the same taste, there’s some difference between them.
- Oregano plant has a rich aromatic compound of carvacrol, which tastes good. Conversely, marjoram is sweeter because it does not contain much carvacrol. Instead, the aroma comes from a variety of aromatic compounds, including savin (fresh wood), terpene (orange) and linalool (flower).
- In a garden with herbs, it is difficult to distinguish between two culinary herbs, as oregano and marjoram are elliptical, fragments of green leaves, and purple flowers. Oregano leaves tend to accumulate at the ends of branches, but marjoram leaves tend to alter the entire stem of a plant.
- Nevertheless, both oregano and marjoram taste alike, you can use either of it without any doubt.
Ahh! I have discussed enough about cavender’s recipe and their ingredients. Let’s go for some real cooking time.
As you know, this seasoning mixture can be used in every recipe if you want. So, with Greek chicken spices, I am eager to share a Grilled chicken recipe with you, foodies. All you need to do is gather the ingredients and cook it.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, rosemary, dried oregano, fresh thyme, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. If you don’t have fresh rosemary, then use dried rosemary powder. It is always available in a general store.
Step 2: Put the chicken breast in a large bag with a zipper. Pour the cooked spices, close the bag, and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
Step 3: Now, keep the chicken for marinating from 10 minutes to 2 hours. I would stay for 1 hour if possible. The longer you marinate the chicken, the juicier your dish will taste.
Step 4: Heat an indoor grill or external grill over medium heat. Then spray the frame with a non-stick spray. This deed is optional. If you don’t belong any spraying stuff then let it be. It will not make much difference.
Step 5: Put the chicken breast on the grill and discard the remaining marinade. Cook the chicken breast for 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. With an instant-read meat thermometer, you can examine it. When it is done, put your Greek-style grilled chicken in a serving dish.
If you wish, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Without dwindling any time, make this super easy Greek seasoning at home and enjoy super tasty restaurant like dish at home. Stay happy with your family and after preparing the dish, leave a comment in our comment section and let us know how much you have enjoyed.
Cavender Greek Seasoning Recipes
It is time to show you one of the spicy Cavender Greek seasoning recipes. Also, you get to know about the easiest way of making a great homemade seasoning using some common spices.
Keywords: Cavender Greek Seasoning Recipes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Calories: 27 gram protein per 100 gram chicken
Preparation Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 1H30M
Total Time: 1H40M
Recipe Ingredients: Basil oregano thyme garlic powder Dill, marjoram cornstarch
Recipe Instructions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl then keep it in an airtight container to make the seasoning Use the seasoning to marinate and cook chicken breasts