If you are a soup lover, you have surely heard of Frisch’s vegetable soup recipe. This is delicious and hearty comfort food. It is also known as the garden soup since it has a great assortment of vegetables present.
Table of Contents
How to Make Vegetable Soup?
Frisch’s vegetable soup is one of the best vegetable-based soups. This garden veggie soup feels like comfort food. You can enjoy this as an appetizer and it would still feel fulfilling.
Let us get into the details of how to make soup taste better by following this recipe.
Ingredients That You Will Need Are:
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One and a half cups of chopped yellow onion
- Two cups of peeled and chopped carrots
- One and a fourth cups of chopped celery (about 3)
- Four cloves of minced garlic
- Four cans of low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Two cans of undrained diced tomatoes
- Three cups of peeled and diced potatoes
- One-third of a cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Two bay leaves
- Half a teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One and a half cups of chopped green beans
- One and one-fourth of a cup of corn
- One cup of peas
Method of Preparing the Ten Vegetable Soup Step by Step:
Step 1: Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Pour olive oil into the pan.
Step 2: Add onions, carrots, and celery. Then sauté for a few minutes till the onions start becoming tender. Add garlic and sauté a bit more.
Step 3: Add the chicken or vegetable broth, tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Step 4: Let simmer and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir and mix.
Step 5: Add the green beans and let cook.
Step 6: Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes.
Step 7: Add the corn and peas. Cook for about 5 minutes longer.
Step 8: Serve warm with bread.
Soups are best enjoyed during winter weather. But you can have a healthy and nutritious soup any time. This Frisch vegetable soup recipe copycat will help you follow through with the instructions. You can definitely try this easy and delectable dish at home!