My today’s recipe is all about the ancient 1 gallon cyser recipe that is considered as easy in difficulty level. As you all know, cyser is an old variety of wine, nicely made with honey. This drink is full of flavors and you can enjoy this super drinkable juice whether at room temperature or chilled.
Apple Mead Recipe
While preparing the honey cider recipe, you need to use everything 100% pure in order to get the exact flavor and taste. I don’t want to talk much, I’m just jumping into the recipe.
[wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”2″]
Ingredients We Need to Prepare This Dish:
- 3 gallons of apple juice (use only 100%, pasteurized juice with no preservative other than Vitamin C-ascorbic acid)
- 2 ½ pounds of honey
- 2 pounds of dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of McCormick Apple Pie Spice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cans of apple juice concentrate
- 5 grams package of Lalvin (71B-1122 Wine Yeast)
Equipment we Need:
- 4 gallons of carboy OR fermentation bucket
- 3 gallons of glass jugs
- 5 gallons of food-grade pail for first rack and/or bottling
- 1 Food-grade tubing for siphoning
- 3-quart sauce pan (for heating juice to simmer spices and dissolve sugars
- Large whisk for aerating the mix (if using a bucket), wooden spoon for stirring whilst simmering spices plus dissolving the sugar.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Mead Step by Step:
Step 1: After sanitizing all the containers, you need to put the first half of apple juice (approximately 1.5 gallons) in your fermentation vessel primarily.
Step 2: Take another small bowl, pour ¼ cup of warm water, and 5 g of Lalvin yeast. Stir it, and cover with a lid.
Step 3: Within 15 minutes, the mixture will be bubbly.
Step 4: In a saucepan, heat 1 quart of juice. In that juice add 1 tbsp of McCormick Apple Pie Spice along with cinnamon sticks. Keep them to a simmer; don’t boil.
Step 5: While simmering or warming the juice, ventilate the juice in a jug.
Step 6: Stir the juice in 2 ½ pounds of honey plus 2 pounds of dark brown sugar. Stir with a large whisk until the sugar dissolves.
Step 7: Pour the juice into the primary vessel where is apple juice is fermenting. Add more spice and honey if needed.
Step 8: Add the activated yeast. Take out the cinnamon sticks from the mix.
The process is completely done. All you need to do now is to wait. Locking the vessel put it at room temperature for 24 hours. After that open the vessel and stir. Again lock it for 3 weeks for infusing the flavor with the help of yeast. Transfer the 1 gallon apple juice into bottles and store in the fridge or simply at room temperature.
If you want to enjoy this cyser, there is no shortcut but to wait for enjoying the flavor. Here, don’t lose hope. Just start making it at home without thinking about it for the second time. Until then enjoy and keep exploring your cooking experience.